Typically a website will have internal pages which give great information about individual services and products. Web pages and certain Blog pages with a Call To Action (CTA) lead visitors to the Landing Page (or LP) which contains a brief overview of the unique 'Offer', e.g. Ebook, Brochure, Checklist etc. To download the Offer the visitor must first complete the Form.
To ensure a good conversion rate from your LP we recommend HubSpot best practice tips for LP's:
1. Headline: The headline is the first thing visitors will likely see when they 'land' on a landing page. A great landing page headline sums up the offer as clearly and concisely as possible, and answers the question, "What will visitors who convert on this page receive?"
2. Copy: The text on a landing page should explain the value of the offer clearly, simply, and in a compelling way. Bullet points can be used to demonstrate clear takeaways, break up large blocks of text, and keep it brief and succinct.
3. Keywords: Like any other inbound marketing content, keywords should be used in the page title, headers, and text on a landing page to optimize it for search engines.
4. Social Sharing Buttons/Links: These links enable visitors to easily share a landing page with their connections on social networks like Facebook , LinkedIn , and Twitter , extending the reach of your landing page beyond your own network of contacts, fans, and followers.
5. Hidden Navigation: A landing page on which any top/side navigation bars are hidden will minimize distractions, reduce friction, decrease a landing page's bounce rate, and increase the chances that visitors will stay on the page and convert.
6. Lead-Capture/Conversion Form: The most critical component of any landing page, the lead-capture or conversion form is where page visitors submit their information in exchange for the offer, converting them into coveted sales leads.
7. Image: Landing pages that include a relevant image give visitors a tangible idea of what they'll receive and make landing pages much more visually appealing.
Here's a sample of a well constructed Landing Page. Note the brief outline of benefits of the Offer and the simple Form: